Friday, September 4, 2009

"gonna walk around and drink some more"


Last night's dinner...Beer and pizza
Last night's song..."Party Pit" The Hold Steady

First of all- yay for Friday!! There are good things planned for this weekend all around.

After a wild and crazy Thursday with the wee ones, I was ready for a drink. So I got dolled up and the hubby and I headed out to search for beer and something to soak it all up. We agreed today that it was an excellent beer night, so I thought it was worth writing about.

A good buddy of ours that works at the Flying Saucer made a comment a few weeks ago that he was excited for October because it is the best month for beer. So true. Last night we started with some Texas October brews- namely Live OakSaint Arnold's Oktoberfest. People complain all the time about not being able to get good beer in Texas. And I get that, I do- the whole TABC thing is definitely screwy. But these beers and these breweries give me yet another reason to be proud to live in the lone star state. Oaktoberfest and

We split an Abita Andy Gator for the last beer of the evening (or so I thought...). We then headed to The Parlor on North Loop for delicious pizza, which is even better after/with beer. We got there and had to wait for a while, so we returned to Texas once more for a Live Oak Big Bark, which is possibly my favorite beer of all time. Something about it is just perfect. The fact that it is also the only beer that never gives me migraines (in fact, on occasion I've drank it when I had a headache and it helped) pushes it over the top for me. I can't express enough love for this beer.

It was a nice ending to a crazy day...sitting on the patio at a killer pizza place in our old 'hood, sipping my favorite beer with my favorite person. Just the right combo to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy. I am very blessed. And who better than Craig Finn and the boys to remind us of the elation that can come from one too many? Happy summertime.

~eeg


No comments:

Post a Comment