Thursday, November 12, 2009

"tell it to me slowly"

the food: garden bounty
the song: "Time of the Season" The Zombies

It's been so long! There are grand posts and pictures to come about Cabo, Mexican food, flight cancellations, and Montezuma's revenge (I'll keep it vague, I promise). But for today, here's a camera phone picture of a few of the lovely peppers awaiting me in our garden this afternoon.


I got about 4 times more jalapenos than pictured that are going into jalapeno cheddar biscuits tonight. But that bell pepper is just rocking my world. That is one of the prettier bell peppers I've ever seen. I would pick that out at the grocery store. Amazingly, it is my first one of the season. I planted those peppers back in May, but they didn't produce a thing during the scorching summer. But just look at that! That bad boy is 6 months in the making. Not sure what it will go into yet, but I trust it will have been worth the wait.

~eeg

p.s. If you follow the link, you'll see The Zombies website is still up and running, although it appears that their 40th anniversary tour is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment