Monday, November 29, 2010

"i count my blessings but you can only be expected to count so high"

the song: "Love Cuts the Strings" The Mountain Goats

So how was Thanksgiving? We had a great time. There was food, there was a champagne toast, there was more food, there was a fire (outside and inside...I lost one of my favorite dish towels.) I'm glad that all the cooking and prep and clean-up is over, but it makes me a little sad to see it go.
 
Rowdiest kid's table ever.
 
Cleaning up all day Friday, I found myself with a case of the post Thanksgiving blues. It got pretty emotional. Listening to The Mountain Goats definitely didn't help. 

In short...I'm completely overwhelmed with gratitude. For the roof over my head where so many good memories have been made, the amazing interesting supportive husband, a loving healthy family, and friends that just don't quit. I could go on and on, but I might get teary eyed again.

Thanks, Thanksgiving. I really really got you this year.

~eeg

No comments:

Post a Comment